Weekly wrap up - Day 5 #100DaysOfCode26 Jun 2016
It’s 1:50 AM of Saturday and I just finished my coding sprint for today. Since I don’t have enough time to write about a complex topic, this post is a pretty small update on what I’ve got so far:
- TDD is actually working, giving me enough confidence to change a few things in the code without the fear of breaking some other part. Besides, my code coverage is also pretty high without much effort:
========== Coverage summary ========== Statements : 99.23% ( 385/388 ) Branches : 100% ( 14/14 ) Functions : 100% ( 104/104 ) Lines : 99.23% ( 385/388 ) ======================================
- The first version of my Enigma machine is almost done! I’ve got the plugboard working, besides 5 rotors and 2 reflectors according to their specifications extracted from manuals. There are only two small bugs before testing it against some third-party Enigma simulator to check whether it’s working.
- #100DaysOfCode is really stimulating. Working on my project everyday is exciting, although it can be really challenging on busy days (such as this weekend). So far, I could work everyday, as you can see on my GitHub, and wrote 4 blog posts.
For those of you who are helping me, either with technical expertise, article reviews, or emotional support, thanks a lot. You guys are awesome!